Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a tasty dish to serve during barbeque season. Spicy and sweet. Look for chili-garlic sauce in the Asian foods section of the supermarket.
- 3 cups ketchup
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chili-garlic sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 10 chicken thighs, with bone and skin
- 10 (12 ounce) center-cut pork chops (1 to 1 1/4 inch thick)
- Puree first 6 ingredients in processor until smooth.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat); brush grill rack with oil.
- Set aside 3 cups glaze for serving.
- Grill chicken 6 minutes per side.
- Brush with some of the remaining glaze.
- Continue grilling until chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally and brushing fewquently with more glaze, about 25 minutes longer.
- Transfer chicken to warm platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Grill pork about 3 minutes per side.
- brush with some glaze.
- Continue grilling until thermometer inserted into center of chop registers 145*F to 150*F turning occasionally and brushing frequently with more glaze, about 12 minutes longer.
- Arrange pork on platter with the chicken.
- Bring 3 cups reserved glaze to simmer.
- Serve chicken and pork, passing glaze seperately.