Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
There is a local bar here that serves a sandwich that is grilled chicken, topped with pineapple, brie and a cilantro-lime mayo that I crave on a daily basis. I decided to come up with an entree to satisfy my cravings, and it was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. It was very easy/quick and my hubby gobbled it up and was eating a second helping within minutes! Prep time does not include marinade time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 pineapple rings (I used canned, but fresh would be fantastic!)
- 12 ounces brie cheese, separated into 1 oz slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (plus a little extra for garnish)
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place last six ingredients into a gallon sized Ziploc bag, along with the 4 chicken breasts.
- Toss chicken to coat thoroughly.
- Allow chicken breasts to marinade for at least 4 hours. (I threw my chicken in the bag before I left for work and came home 8 hours later).
- After marinading, preheat grill to a medium high heat.
- Place chicken breasts on grill.
- Grill chicken for ~8 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness of the breasts - make sure there is no pink on the inside!).
- In the last 2 minutes of grilling, place the four pineapple rings on the grill and grill for 1 minute on each side.
- After the chicken and pineapple are complete, remove from grill and place on a broiler safe plate.
- Place one ring onto each chicken breast and top that with 3 oz of Brie.
- Put the plate under the broiler for about 2 minutes or until Brie JUST starts to brown.
- Take the entree out from under the broiler and serve immediately, topped with the extra cilantro if you want!
We made this pineapple chicken recipe for dinner last night when my parents came over and everyone enjoyed it very much. The marinated chicken had great flavor. I marinated about 6 hours. The only change we made was that DH melted the brie over the chicken while it was on the grill instead of heating up the oven. Very good recipe. Thanks for a nice meal.