This is a copycat recipe I put together for a salad I ate at The Rivoli in Toronto. The flavours are harmonious and bold, and make your guests go "mmmmmmmm". I didn't do this because I just thought of it now, but a minced and seeded Thai red chili would add a nice subtl-ish heat to the dressing. I plated the salads individually.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 pineapple rings, 1/2 inch thick
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup water, to thin marinade
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted
- teriyaki sauce, to baste chicken and pinapple
- 1Marinate the chicken breasts in teriyaki sauce and water (I included the water to prevent the sugar from blackening too much when grilling the chicken) for at least an hour.
- 2Make the salad dressing by whisking together the pineapple juice, lime juice, walnut oil, ginger, salt and pepper.
- 3Put aside.
- 4Grill the chicken and pineapple until done, basting for the last couple of minutes.
- 5Let rest while assembling the rest of the salad, then slice to your liking.
- 6Toss together the remaining vegetables with as much of the dressing as you like, and serve with fanned chicken slices on top.
- 7I used about half of the dressing, and served extra at the table for anyone who likes more.
- 8The ginger and lime juice give it lots of zing, so you don't need too much.
- 9Cut the rings in half, arrange among the chicken slices, and sprinkle with the cashews.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.1
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 1570.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gourmet salad greens