1/1 Photo of Grilled Chicken and Pesto Farfalle
1 hr 5 mins
Ex-Pat Mama's Note:
I took this excellent recipe from the September 2008 issue of Cooking Light Magazine. This is a creamy, hearty one-dish meal. I usually follow it with a fruit salad for dessert.
My Private Note
2 Cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- cooking spray
- 20 ounces uncooked farfalle pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/4 cups milk (divided into a 1/2 c portion and a 1 3/4 c portion)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar pesto sauce (or 1/3 cup of your own homemade pesto)
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- 4 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1Set the grill to medium high heat (or use a ribbed grill pan on the stovetop). Spray with cooking spray.
- 2Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook for approximately 10 minutes - until the juices run clear. Remove from grill and let stand for five minutes. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; keep warm.
- 3Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander placed over a bowl. Save 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Place the drained pasta into a large serving bowl.
- 4Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook one minute, stirring occasionally.
- 5Combine the 1/2 cup milk and flour in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add this mixture to the garlic and butter whisking constantly. Stir in the pesto. Slowly add the remaining milk - whisking constantly. Cook, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- 6Add the reserved cooking liquid and one cup of the shredded cheese, stir until the cheese melts. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- 7Add the chicken and the sauce to the bowl of pasta, tossing well to coat. Add the tomatoes and basil and gently toss again. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken and Pesto Farfalle
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 674.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 34.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: