Barb Gertz's Note:
A cool main-dish noodle salad. It makes a great casual one-bowl dinner or a perfect dish for a potluck or buffet. The recipe comes from Sunset Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil (toasted)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb dried angel hair pasta
- 1/2 lb red bell pepper, rinsed,cored,stemed,seeded and diced
- 1/2 lb yellow bell pepper, rinsed,cored,stemed,seeded and diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped (about 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (white and pale greens parts only)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1Rinse chicken and pat dry; place in a bowl.
- 2In another bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger.
- 3Pour about 1/4 cup of the mixture over chicken, reserving remainder.
- 4Chill chicken for about 30 minutes.
- 5Lift chicken from marinade (discard used marinade) and lay over a solid bed of medium coals or medium heat on gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds); close lid on gas grill.
- 6Cook, turning chicken as needed to brown evenly, until no longer pink in the center of the thickest part (cut to test),6 to 8 minutes total.
- 7Transfer to a board and let stand until cool enough to handle, then cut across the grain into 1-inch wide slices.
- 8Meanwhile, in a covered 6-to8 quart pan over high heat, bring about 3-quarts water to a boil.
- 9Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender to bite, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 10Drain pasta and rinse under cold running water until cool.
- 11In a large bowl, combine pasta, reserved lime- juice mixture, chicken, bell peppers, cucumber, parsley.
- 12green onions and chili flakes; mix to coat.
- 13Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 1 day.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken and Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.8
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 587.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 38.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili flakes