Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A cool main-dish noodle salad. It makes a great casual one-bowl dinner or a perfect dish for a potluck or buffet. The recipe comes from Sunset Magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil (toasted)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb dried angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 lb red bell pepper, rinsed,cored,stemed,seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 lb yellow bell pepper, rinsed,cored,stemed,seeded and diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped (about 10 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion (white and pale greens parts only)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- Rinse chicken and pat dry; place in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the mixture over chicken, reserving remainder.
- Chill chicken for about 30 minutes.
- Lift chicken from marinade (discard used marinade) and lay over a solid bed of medium coals or medium heat on gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds); close lid on gas grill.
- Cook, turning chicken as needed to brown evenly, until no longer pink in the center of the thickest part (cut to test),6 to 8 minutes total.
- Transfer to a board and let stand until cool enough to handle, then cut across the grain into 1-inch wide slices.
- Meanwhile, in a covered 6-to8 quart pan over high heat, bring about 3-quarts water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender to bite, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Drain pasta and rinse under cold running water until cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, reserved lime- juice mixture, chicken, bell peppers, cucumber, parsley.
- green onions and chili flakes; mix to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 1 day.