A main dish salad that is a summer staple in our house. Even our 4-year old loves it! It's refreshing, yet filling. I serve it with crusty rolls and chocolate pie for dessert. Also, use leftover chicken if you have some to make it that much easier. I've also found that this tastes great even without the chilling time. Hope you like this as much as we do!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup halved green grape
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Grill, cool and chop the chicken breast.
- Cook the pasta and drain it twice in cold water.
- Combine the chicken, pasta, spinach, grapes, cranberries and green onions in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, seasoned rice vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss.
- Cover and chill 4-24 hours.
- Stir in the mandarin oranges just before serving.