Prep 6 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Delicious Middle Eastern seasonings plus some sherry and soy sauce marinate these golden chicken strips. And the marinated grilled onions are another bonus! This recipe is also ideal for chicken breast kabobs and is delicious with a simple potato or rice dish and my Mother Earth Moroccan Carrot Salad. Prep time includes marinating.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, strips or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed for kabobs
- 1 medium onion, sliced,or chopped in large pieces for kabobs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients except salt and pepper in a large zipper bag and marinate, refrigerated, for at least 6 hours; overnight is better.
- When ready to cook, discard marinade (keeping onions).
- Fire up the grill and cook marinated chicken until cooked through, turning once; cook onions until browned nicely (times may differ for the kabob method).
Oh, this is SO good! I thought surely the amount of tabasco sauce would be too much, but it isn't. This is considered a special treat at our house. I double this recipe so that we have leftovers.