Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A calorie-light but hearty salad, intended as a one-dish meal. No sugar, no mayo. Enjoy! (Cooking time includes is time to grill chicken)
- 1 ripe mango, cubed
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 (5 ounce) package mixed greens or 1 (5 ounce) package lettuce
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, grilled and chopped (wood chips add a wonderful flavor when you don't have time to marinate)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well.
- Combine everything else in a large bowl and top with dressing. Toss to coat.
I loved the tropical flavors in this interesting blend. Great dressing. Thanks!