Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Published for ZWT III - this is a FANTASTIC authentic mexican recipe which is exploding with fresh flavours!
- 59.14 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 78.07 ml chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- cayenne pepper
- 118.29 ml olive oil (or mixture of both) or 118.29 ml canola oil (or mixture of both)
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 small jicama, cut into thin sticks (about 12 oz.)
- 1 bunch radish, sliced into half-moons
- 0 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large mango, diced
- 59.14 ml hulled hulled roasted salted pepitas
- Preheat ridged grill pan.
- For vinaigrette: In medium bowl, combine lime juice, cilantro, cumin and pinch of cayenne pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified. Add salt and adjust seasonings to taste.
- In shallow dish, place chicken and cover evenly with 1/3 of vinaigrette.
- In grill pan over medium-high heat, grill chicken until just done, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board and let cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large serving bowl, toss lettuce with small amount of vinaigrette. In another bowl, combine jicama, radishes, onion, avocado and mango. Gently toss with more vinaigrette.
- Place vegetable and fruit mixture on top of lettuce. Diagonally cut chicken into 1/2-inch-thick slices and arrange on top of salad. Top chicken with remaining vinaigrette and pepitas.
This is a lovely salad! The vinaigrette is just wonderful! Would give this more stars, if I could. Thanks, Um Safia, for the posting. I forgot the pepitas when I served. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to suffer through it again :)
I made the portions smaller on this and served it to 6 at my mexican night at the weekend. It's very nice and quite simple to make. The flavors go well together too. TY