Um Safia's Note:
Published for ZWT III - this is a FANTASTIC authentic mexican recipe which is exploding with fresh flavours!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or mixture of both) or 1/2 cup canola oil (or mixture of both)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 small jicama, cut into thin sticks (about 12 oz.)
- 1 bunch radish, sliced into half-moons
- 1/4 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1/4 cup hulled hulled roasted salted pepitas
- 1Preheat ridged grill pan.
- 2For vinaigrette: In medium bowl, combine lime juice, cilantro, cumin and pinch of cayenne pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified. Add salt and adjust seasonings to taste.
- 3In shallow dish, place chicken and cover evenly with 1/3 of vinaigrette.
- 4In grill pan over medium-high heat, grill chicken until just done, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board and let cool 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in large serving bowl, toss lettuce with small amount of vinaigrette. In another bowl, combine jicama, radishes, onion, avocado and mango. Gently toss with more vinaigrette.
- 6Place vegetable and fruit mixture on top of lettuce. Diagonally cut chicken into 1/2-inch-thick slices and arrange on top of salad. Top chicken with remaining vinaigrette and pepitas.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken and Jicama Salad With Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (644 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.1
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 139.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 45.7 g