Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prepare this delicious meal-sized salad for up to 6 people. It does take more work than your typical salad, but is worth it in the end. Your dinner guests will be impressed with your cooking skills—and will love that you’re serving healthy food!
- 6 chicken breast halves, boned, with skin and wing bones attached (if possible)
- 12 ounces creamy white goat cheese, cut into 1/4 inch medallions
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into 3/4 to 1 inch strips
- 3 yellow bell peppers, cut into 3/4 to 1 inch strips
- 1 large vidalia onions or 1 large sweet red onion, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 heads mache, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 bunches arugula, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 heads red-leaf lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 head radicchio, separated into leaves
- 1 cup tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. Preheat grill or broiler. With your finger, gently make a pocket between the skin and meat of each chicken breast. Insert the goat cheese medallions into the pockets, overlapping as necessary. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and ground pepper. Brush bell peppers and onion with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and ground pepper, set aside.
- 2. Place chicken on grill rack, skin sides up, over medium heat. Grill for 3-5 minutes, or until browned. Turn chicken over; grill for 5 to 7 minutes more. Add bell peppers and onion to grill. Grill about 1 minute or until chicken is done and vegetables are heated through and slightly charred, turning once. (OR broil chicken and vegetables 4 to 5 inches from heat.).
- 3. Arrange mache, arugula, lettuce and radicchio on 6 plates. Cut each chicken breast into 4 slices and place on plates. Add tomato concasse/chopped tomatoes, grilled peppers, and onions to plates. Drizzle vinaigrette over vegetables. Spoon salsa over chicken. Sprinkle with chives.
- 4. Serve with Jalapeno-Cilantro-Lime Salsa. Recipe posted on this site.