Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
A dynamite grilled chicken and tropical fruit salad that is nice on a warm summer evening. 8 hour chill time.
- 3⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 peeled cored fresh pineapple
- 1 large jicama
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halves
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- lettuce leaf
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- To make the chicken and salad: In a small bowl, add the marmalade, soy sauce, lemon juice, and fresh ginger; stir to combine; remove 1/4 cup marmalade mixture and refrigerate.
- Put chicken breast halves in a large heavy-duty plastic zip-lock bag; add in the remaining marmalade mixture; seal bag; shake around to coat; chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Cut pineapple into spears.
- Peel jicama and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Put the pineapple and jicama in a large heavy-duty plastic zip-lock bag; add in the reserved marmalade mixture; seal and shake around to coat; chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Make the vinaigrette: Add all vinaigrette ingredients to a small bowl; whisk to combine; set aside.
- Take chicken out of marinade bag and discard marinade.
- Drain pineapple mixture.
- On a well greased grill rack, grill chicken over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Grill pineapple and jicama 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cut chicken, pineapple, and jicama into bite-sized pieces.
- Add chicken, pineapple, jicama, strawberry halves, and raspberries to a large bowl; add orange-raspberry vinaigrette and toss gently.
- Serve salad over lettuce leaves.
This is one of my favorite recipes for summer, and one of my most requested, as well.
This was a dynamite salad. Yowie!!! Very fresh tasting and a nice mixture of flavors and colors. My husband and I felt like grilling and we wanted something different and unique. This one fits that description to a tee. We are having out-of-town friends over for the weekend and are going to make this one again. Thanks Nurse Di.