Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A different low fat summer recipe. Enjoy!
Make and share this Grilled Chicken and Fruit Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 head bibb lettuce, washed and separated
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen (defrosted)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (1 tsp. if using dried)
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- salt and pepper
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill.
- Peel mango and cut flesh into strips; set aside.
- Peel orange and slice horizontally; set aside.
- Process all vinaigrette ingredients in food processor or blender until well mixed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Line plates with lettuce and arrange half the fruit on each plate.
- Top with sliced chicken breast.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve immediately.
This is a really quick and delicious salad that makes very good use of leftover chicken breast. I had a couple already grilled, and used a combination of red leaf lettuce and spinach for the greens. The vinaigrette is absolutely to die for, and if you have really ripe raspberries, you can just crush them and shake them up with the rest of the vinaigrette ingredients and they'll make plenty of "juice". Thanks Miraklegirl, for posting the recipe, and thanks to ellie also, for suggesting it in Recipe Request!