This recipe uses the Spanish chorizo sausage; not to be confused with Mexican. From the National Chicken Board.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces (or use boneless, skinless breast)
- 1 lb spanish chorizo sausage, sliced and cut into half moons
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large Spanish onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper
- olive oil
- bamboo skewer (soaked in cold water)
- 1For The Cumin Aioli: Mix all together. Chill at least 1/2 hour to allow time for flavors to develop.
- 2For the Skewers: Assemble the skewers by alternating chicken, chorizo, red & yellow bell peppers and onion pieces. Don't pack too tightly.
- 3Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper and brush generously with olive oil.
- 4Wipe grill grates with vegetable oil and heat. Grill until chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 5Serve with cumin aioli.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken and Chorizo Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.3
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 120.7 mg
- Sodium 1288.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 37.3 g