Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe uses the Spanish chorizo sausage; not to be confused with Mexican. From the National Chicken Board.
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces (or use boneless, skinless breast)
- 1 lb spanish chorizo sausage, sliced and cut into half moons
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large Spanish onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper
- olive oil
- bamboo skewer (soaked in cold water)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 1 -2 tablespoon ground cumin powder (to taste)
- For The Cumin Aioli: Mix all together. Chill at least 1/2 hour to allow time for flavors to develop.
- For the Skewers: Assemble the skewers by alternating chicken, chorizo, red & yellow bell peppers and onion pieces. Don't pack too tightly.
- Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper and brush generously with olive oil.
- Wipe grill grates with vegetable oil and heat. Grill until chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with cumin aioli.