Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
I got this book out of a southern living cookbook. It is quick and easy to make.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 slices monterey jack cheese
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- For the chicken mixture, stir the first five ingredients together. using half the bread place 1 slice of cheese on each slice of bread (six slices); spread the chicken mixture on evenly and top with cheese.
- spread butter on one side of each of the sandwiches, cook with butter side down on medium heat for about three minutes or until light and brown. spread the other side with remaining butter and cook for three minutes.
Rated 5 Stars per my son. He wanted a different kind of grilled cheese sandwich so I made this for him. He LOVED it. I left out the raisins and the almonds, by his request. I tried it and agree it was very good. Next time I get to add the raisins and almonds for me. Thanks Craftymama
Very quick to put together. I used cheddar because that's what I had, plus I LOVE chicken and cheddar together. Also loved the sweetness of the raisins. The celery and almonds gave a nice crunch. Made for ZWT3 Zingo. Thanks for sharing :D