Recipe by GrandmaG
This is a low fat high fiber very good salad.
Top Review by newspapergal
Excellent & filling. I used leftover fajita-seasoned chicken. Followed your recipe as-is, omitting black olives. This made 5 big servings for me. DH & I used salsa as a dressing; a friend who ate with us used ranch dressing. Filling & low-carb :) Thanks!
- 8 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled and cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa