Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a low fat high fiber very good salad.
- 8 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled and cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- Place lettuce and hot chicken in large serving bowl.
- Toss with tomatoe wedges, beans, olives and green onions.
- Use Salsa as you would a salad dressing.
Excellent & filling. I used leftover fajita-seasoned chicken. Followed your recipe as-is, omitting black olives. This made 5 big servings for me. DH & I used salsa as a dressing; a friend who ate with us used ranch dressing. Filling & low-carb :) Thanks!
Excellent salad. Great for a high fiber and protein diet. I used reduced fat mozarella, since that's all I had (reduced-fat cheeses are hard to find here - you get a choice of cheddar or mozzarella, lol, so I used a little of both. I used half romaine and half iceberg lettuce, and my own fresh salsa. This makes a delicious lunch.