Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I always make extra grilled chicken to be used in recipes like this a day or two later. The family really likes when I serve these. I do think the better the grilled chicken, the better the quesadilla. I usually make mine with Mirj's Grilled Moroccan Chicken (that chicken is so versatile!) I'm very much into the habit of throwing this together so all measurements are approximate. Do more or less of anything that suits you better.
- 2 large grilled chicken breasts, sliced and bite size
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- taco seasoning, to taste (or do a combo of chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder)
- 10 flour tortillas
- sour cream, to serve on the side
- salsa, to serve on the side
- Saute green peppers and onions in vegetable oil until softened.
- Combine cooked peppers and onion with beans, corn, cheeses, and seasoning.
- Spread some mixture over one half of a tortilla. Fold tortilla over to form a half moon and press around the edges.
- Lightly spray or brush a skillet with vegetable oil.
- Grill the quesadilla on medium to medium high heat. Each side takes about 3 minutes.
- Do the same for the reaming mixture and tortillas.
- It's easiest to use a pizza cutter to cut them into wedges.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.
With a store-bought grilled chicken, this was both easy and very tasty. Went together in less than twenty minutes, and even my picky two-year old ate it. Thumbs up from us all.
Very easy and very tasty! I did not follow the recipe exactly, not so much that I thought I could improve on it, but I just plain goofed, but they still turned out great! The only thing I might mention is that there is no mention of the chicken in the directions, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out to add it when combining everything in step 2. Thanks for a very filling, teen pleasing meal!
Reviewed for PAC Spring '08 -- this was wonderful! I could see that the success of this would depend on the ingredients, so I chose: Trader Joe's grilled chicken strips (chipotle/lime); Penzey's Southwest Seasoning; Joseph's flax seed tortillas; and Trader Joe's Southwest Salsa (wonderful stuff!). The tiny hint of lime provided by the chicken worked really well. My husband thought they were wonderful. Thanks so much for posting this!