Kitchen Witch Steph's Note:
I always make extra grilled chicken to be used in recipes like this a day or two later. The family really likes when I serve these. I do think the better the grilled chicken, the better the quesadilla. I usually make mine with Mirj's Grilled Moroccan Chicken (that chicken is so versatile!) I'm very much into the habit of throwing this together so all measurements are approximate. Do more or less of anything that suits you better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large grilled chicken breasts, sliced and bite size
- 1 1/4 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- taco seasoning, to taste (or do a combo of chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder)
- 10 flour tortillas
- sour cream, to serve on the side
- salsa, to serve on the side
- 1Saute green peppers and onions in vegetable oil until softened.
- 2Combine cooked peppers and onion with beans, corn, cheeses, and seasoning.
- 3Spread some mixture over one half of a tortilla. Fold tortilla over to form a half moon and press around the edges.
- 4Lightly spray or brush a skillet with vegetable oil.
- 5Grill the quesadilla on medium to medium high heat. Each side takes about 3 minutes.
- 6Do the same for the reaming mixture and tortillas.
- 7It's easiest to use a pizza cutter to cut them into wedges.
- 8Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken and Black Bean Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 728.3
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 111.9 mg
- Sodium 1252.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 45.7 g