Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love the flavor of this dish. My parents grow asparagus so I get spoiled when it is in season! For easiest grilling of the asparagus, choose stalks that are the same size. As well, it is easiest in a grill basket but if you don't have one you can put lay five or six stalks next to each other and run a skewer through them top and bottom and make almost an asparagus "raft".
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- Spread walnuts on a baking sheet and place in a preheated 375 degree oven for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Heat grill.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place on heated grill over medium heat. Cover and grill for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear. Place on plate.
- While chicken is grilling, rinse and snap off tough ends of asparagus. Brush with 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Either place in grill basket or thread on presoaked skewers. After removing chicken from grill, grill asparagus for 4 minutes or until crisp tender turning once.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch slices. Place greens on large platter or 2 c on each individual plate. Top with sliced chicken, grilled asparagus and then walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together marmalade, rice vinegar and 1 tbsp sesame oil. Drizzle over salad just before serving.