This chicken was so juicy and good! Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart Living.
Make and share this Grilled Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan combine water, salt and honey over medium low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Let cool completely.
- Place chicken in a large bowl and pour cooled brine over chicken. Refrigerate covered for a couple of hours (I let mine be in the brine for 4 hours, but the original recipe suggests 2-3). Drain (discarding brine) and rinse chicken under cold water, pat dry. I put the chicken back in the refrigerator while preparing grill.
- Prepare grill -- I used charcoal -- heating the coals until white.
- Place chicken on grill, with the cover open for searing, moving the chicken around depending on the pieces and to avoid flare-ups.
- When the chicken has been seared, cover the grill for indirect cooking, opening the cover, turning and moving the chicken pieces every 15 minutes or until cooked completely. It took about one hour for the chicken to cook completely on my grill.