Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
After reading an advertisment for bottled BBQ sauce (prefer my own from scratch)...I thought this might be worth a try. Several attempts later I think I may have it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Mix together BBQ sauce, zest of 1 orange and 1 lime with the juice of the orange & lime with garlic.
- Reserve 1/2 cup for later use.
- Place 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can be flattened if you prefer) in large bag or glass bowl.
- Pour sauce over chicken and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and discard used sauce.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Grill over medium heat till done; basting often with reserved sauce.
Awesome flavour! Loved the fresh citrus flavour with traditional bbq sauce.
My family really, really loved this. I used store bought bbq sauce, hickory brown sugar style. It really all came together nicely. Love the citrus flavors. Very easy to make. They have requested that I keep this recipe handy for our next bbq! Thanks Cindi