Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sure, I'm originally from Wisconsin, but we Chicagoans love brats too!
Make and share this Grilled Chicago Style Beer Brats recipe from Food.com.
- Fire up the grill and pour yourself a beer!
- In a deep pot, cover brats in beer, bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice onions, pickles.
- Cut tomatoes in half, put sliced side down, slice through to make thin half moon slices.
- Place brats on the grill continuing to turn until browned. Remember they are already cooked through from simmering in beer.
- Toast buns or rolls if desired.
- Add your favorite toppings but NEVER ketchup!