Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sure, I'm originally from Wisconsin, but we Chicagoans love brats too!
Make and share this Grilled Chicago Style Beer Brats recipe from Food.com.
- Fire up the grill and pour yourself a beer!
- In a deep pot, cover brats in beer, bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice onions, pickles.
- Cut tomatoes in half, put sliced side down, slice through to make thin half moon slices.
- Place brats on the grill continuing to turn until browned. Remember they are already cooked through from simmering in beer.
- Toast buns or rolls if desired.
- Add your favorite toppings but NEVER ketchup!
I chose this recipe as a way to celebrate the coming of spring. Although it was still chilly outside it felt good to be out at the grill. Boiling the brats in beer made them extra delicious and the addtion of the traditional Chicago-style toppings made my Chicago-born husband especially happy :) Thanks Chicagoland Chef du Jour!