Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
Sure, I'm originally from Wisconsin, but we Chicagoans love brats too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fire up the grill and pour yourself a beer!
- 2In a deep pot, cover brats in beer, bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Set aside.
- 3Slice onions, pickles.
- 4Cut tomatoes in half, put sliced side down, slice through to make thin half moon slices.
- 5Place brats on the grill continuing to turn until browned. Remember they are already cooked through from simmering in beer.
- 6Toast buns or rolls if desired.
- 7Add your favorite toppings but NEVER ketchup!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicago Style Beer Brats
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.8
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Sodium 1856.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 17.8 g