Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
I saw a picture of this in Better Homes & Gardens magazine and can't wait to try this with fresh from the garden tomatoes!
- 24 cherry tomatoes (1-1 1/2-inch diameter)
- 4 garlic cloves, cut into slivers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary (1/4 tsp. dried)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Remove stems from tomatoes. With the tip of a sharp knife, pierce tomatoes. Carefully insert a sliver of garlic into each tomato.
- Place tomatoes in the center of a 18x12 sheet of foil. Drizzle tomatoes with the olive oil; sprinkle with rosemary, parsley, sugar and salt. Bring the two long sides of the foil together and seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges together to completely enclose tomatoes.
- Grill tomatoes on the rack of a grill directly over coals or gas burners for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Or bake in a preheated 350*F. oven for 4 to 5 minute or until heated through.
- To serve, carefully open foil packet(watch out for hot steam!). Move tomatoes to a serving platter. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
I used Roma tomatoes, brown sugar and ground parsley (as I didn't have fresh parsley at home). It was an easy dish to put together and tasted very nice. Thank you for your post Sharon123
Awesome recipe, Sharon. I used what I had on hand which was grape tomatoes. I also couldn't help but add some fresh basil instead of the rosemary. Just my personal preference. Thanks for all the great recipes you post.
A sure winner. I used grape tomatoes and replaced the sugar with splenda. Very easy to prepare. I cooked them a few minutes longer to soften them up. Loved the rosemary and garlic. Thanks for posting. :)