Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another classic summer dish. Use my Summer Vinaigrette recipe. (About the Goat Cheese - try to find one that has a rind - that way it is easier to grill it and it won't fall apart).
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 4 slices goat cheese, thick slices, with rind
- Preheat the grill. Put the tomatoes in a single layer on a cookie sheet or grill pan. Place under the grill. Keep an eye on them, and when they have split and gone a bit darkened or are starting to blister, take them out from under the grill.
- Transfer tomatoes to a dish.
- Sprinkle the chopped shallot on the tomatoes, and add a good amount of vinaigrette. Stir and leave for an hour or so.
- Stir the chopped mint leaves into the cream. Season well with salt and fresh ground pepper. Spoon this over the tomatoes and mix (gently).
- Preheat the grill again. Cut the goat cheese into 4 thick rounds, or 8 thin ones, and grill until the surface is a bit bubbly.
- Meanwhile divide the salad onto 4 plates. Watch the cheese carefully and when it is done, lift a round or two onto each salad.
- Note: if you're watching fat - omit the cream and just add the mint to the vinaigrette.