Prep 1 hr
Cook 16 mins
Adapted from Bon Appetit magazine. If possible, get a helper to grill the meat while you are preparing the cherry sauce - if you time it right, then by the time the grill is preheated and the meat os cooked, your sauce will be ready to go and nice & warm. Cook time for the will vary depending upon the weight of your chops and whether or not they have bones. You may also broil these instead, if desired.
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2" thick)
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh sweet cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped (measure after pitting & chopping)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Season pork with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then place into a zip-top baggie with soy sauce and let marinate in the fridge for 1 hour, turning bag over occasionally.
- Set a small skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- Saute onions, garlic, and ginger in oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cherries and saute until the cherries start to soften- approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season to taste with salt.
- Remove pork from marinade (discard marinade) and grill over medium high heat about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Serve with cherry sauce on top.
Liked the chops and the look of the cherry sauce but both Dh and I felt the ginger greatly overpowered the cherries to the point of not being able to taste them. Next time I would skip the ginger completely.
this was a nice way to do pork chops, i liked the cherry sauce but the rest of the family preferred theirs plain.. i did add some onions, garlic and ginger to the soy sauce and marinated in the fridge for 2 hrs. this is an easy summer main dish.