Recipe by HeatherFeather
Adapted from Bon Appetit magazine. If possible, get a helper to grill the meat while you are preparing the cherry sauce - if you time it right, then by the time the grill is preheated and the meat os cooked, your sauce will be ready to go and nice & warm. Cook time for the will vary depending upon the weight of your chops and whether or not they have bones. You may also broil these instead, if desired.
Top Review by sugarpea
Liked the chops and the look of the cherry sauce but both Dh and I felt the ginger greatly overpowered the cherries to the point of not being able to taste them. Next time I would skip the ginger completely.
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2" thick)
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh sweet cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped (measure after pitting & chopping)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pork with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then place into a zip-top baggie with soy sauce and let marinate in the fridge for 1 hour, turning bag over occasionally.
- Set a small skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- Saute onions, garlic, and ginger in oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cherries and saute until the cherries start to soften- approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season to taste with salt.
- Remove pork from marinade (discard marinade) and grill over medium high heat about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Serve with cherry sauce on top.