Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love cooking out, be it on the grill or a campfire. These potatoes are my favorites cause they are so easy! If using a charcoal grill get it going before you start the potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small small red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (I like American or mild cheddar and sometimes mozzarella)
- Peel potatoes if desired and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Cut 2 15 inch pieces of foil and lightly spray with Pam.
- Layer potatoes, onion, pepper 1/2 on end of each piece of foil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dot with butter.
- Fold other end of foil over the potatoes and seal each end and sides tightly.
- Grill over hot coals for 15 minutes each side.
- Carefully fold back foil, steam is hot, and sprinkle each packet with cheese.
- Place back on coals about 3-4 minutes until cheese melts.
This tastes awesome. I replaced the green pepper with 5 whole cloves of garlic and used Mozzarella. This recipe will get a lot of use.
We used this easy recipe when we went camping. We able to prep in advance so all we had to do was throw it on the fire. It was delicouse recipe. We added a pound of kilbasa and cut butter to 1 tablespoon to make it a meal.
These were very good. I added some garlic, used red peppers instead of green and used Monterey jack cheese. Quick and easy and the perfect accent for my Romanian Garlic Skirt Steak (#167930). Thanks for sharing.