Recipe by LAURIE
I love cooking out, be it on the grill or a campfire. These potatoes are my favorites cause they are so easy! If using a charcoal grill get it going before you start the potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small small red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (I like American or mild cheddar and sometimes mozzarella)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes if desired and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Cut 2 15 inch pieces of foil and lightly spray with Pam.
- Layer potatoes, onion, pepper 1/2 on end of each piece of foil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dot with butter.
- Fold other end of foil over the potatoes and seal each end and sides tightly.
- Grill over hot coals for 15 minutes each side.
- Carefully fold back foil, steam is hot, and sprinkle each packet with cheese.
- Place back on coals about 3-4 minutes until cheese melts.