Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy to make while the rest of your dinner grills.
- 5 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup colby cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare 4 squares of heavy duty aluminum foil (about 15 x 15-inches) by coating the shiny side with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, getting the olive oil throughout.
- Divide equally onto each of the oil coated pieces of aluminum foil.
- Fold into packets and crimp edges to seal.
- Grill 15 to 20 minutes over direct coals or about 45 minutes over indirect heat.
Hubby was making steaks on the grill so slide these on beside his steaks. I followed the recipe as written but have to agree with Tink that they lacked a bit in the flavor department. My kids just put some ketchup on them and enjoyed them that way! Made for Fall PAC 2009
Very easy recipe & I loved that it grilled right along with the steaks. No heating up the kitchen at all! I wish I could rate it a 5 star but there was just something missing. I will make these potatoes again in the future but I will add a lot more seasoning. At the table we ended up sprinkling on some Johnny's Seasoning Salt & that made a huge difference. They were just really bland without it. This is probably just personal preference, as my family tends to like a lot of flavor. I used both green & red pepper in the mix & next time will use fresh garlic instead of the powder. Thanks for sharing, Lvs2Cook! Made & reviewed for July 2008 BBQ/Grilling photo challenge.