Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Goes well with any cook-out menu.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced in half the long way
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter.
- Add cheese, onions, and garlic salt; mix well.
- Spread on both sides of each slice of bread.
- Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil; seal tightly.
- Grill, covered over medium coals for 8-10 minutes, turing once.
- Unwrap foil; grill 5 minutes longer.
Very nice change from plain garlic bread. Its a keeper, thanks Nurse Di I can always count on your recipes.
Indeed the perfect accompaniment (sp?) to any barbeque. Wonderful flavor, but doesn't take away from your main dish. The cream cheese adds a great consistency. I had two small loaves of French bread, and this was the perfect amount to cover both loaves. When I unwrapped the foil for further cooking, I did separate the two halves of each loaf to complete the melting of the topping and speed things along. I will be making this one often - thanks Nurse Di!
Very good I made this while camping and our group has a potluck where everyone brings a dish and this was mine and it was the hit of all dishes and this is more amazeing because i burnt the top and bottom of the bread and no one seemed to care because it tasted so great.