Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love sun-dried tomatoes, and cheese! This bread grills up quickly to accompany your other dishes.
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- Slice bread lengthwise into 2 pieces. Heat grill.
- In blender or food processor, pule butter, tomatoes, pesto, garlic, salt, & pepper until smooth. Scrape into a bowl, stir in 1 cup Provolone.
- Grill bread, cut sides down, about 1 minute, until toasted. Spread butter mixture over cut sides of bread; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Grill, cut sides up, over indirect heat on covered grill, 8-10 minutes, until topping is melted. Remove from grill and slice.
This is delicious. I used a baguette bread. And I did it in the oven at broil. I omitted the salt and pepper. Instead of provolone cheese, I used monterey jack. And I used less. This has so much flavors. Yummy. Thanks Kizzicate :) Made for Zaar Star Game
We really enjoyed these with our dinner. Although we felt there was a tad bit too much cheese. It was very dominate. Love the sun dried tomatoes. The only thing I did different was to finely chopped everything and not use the food processor. Thanks for posting. Made for "Gimme 5" tag game. :)
I halved this mix & put it on muffins as a kind of mini-pizza, tastes great but even though I drained my tomatoes well I did find the topping quite oily, if I was to make this again I would cut back on the butter by about half I think. Thanks for posting!