Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These came about when DBF and I were camping and we were cleaning out the coolers! We had leftover BBQ's chicken and a few pieces of bacon from breakfast. Try them on the grill as they are not nearly as good done in a pan on the stove. Any cooked chicken will work, try it with a spicy fajita style or BBQ like we did!
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 slices thick bacon, sliced and cooked
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, and cut into strips
- 4 slices white bread, thick sliced (good quality)
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing (optional)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (optional)
- butter (if cooking in a pan) or margarine (if cooking in a pan)
- Cut cooked bacon slices in half.
- Set aside.
- Cut chicken in thin strips.
- Set aside.
- If using sauce and dressing spread 1 TBS of each on bread, making 2 slices with dressing and 2 slices with sauce.
- Place one slice of cheese onto one slice of bread.
- Top cheese with 4 pieces of bacon, 1/2 cup chicken and a second slice of cheese. Top with remaining slice of bread.
- Slowly place sandwiches on grill. Gently press each sandwich with a spatula to hold ingredients together. Grill sandwiches directly over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side, turning them over when one side is golden or grill marks appear.
- If cooking in a pan, butter top of sandwich and put down in pan.
- Butter top side of sandwich.
- Cook over medium high heat.
- Carefully turn sandwich over with a spatula when bottom is browned and cook other side til browned.
- Serve sandwiches with dressing and sauce to dip inches.
My family really enjoyed these. I used two slices of Boars Head roasted chicken per sandwich. Most of the sandwiches I didn't use ranch or bbq sauce but my oldest liked it with the sauces on it. This was a nice quick easy weeknight meal. I made these with tater tots.
I prepared these the other night and my husband and I thought these were delicious!