Recipe by teachypeach
This is a yummy sandwich inspired by my love of cheddar apple pie. the grilling instructions are based on the method my sister and i always use for grilled sandwiches because we're too inept to do it in a skillet.
Top Review by Ms B.
Very good! I found myself starving at midnight and remembered this recipe. The flavors of the sharp cheese and the apple butter really compliment each other on the grainy bread. I seem to have collected quite recipes for variations of grilled cheese. This one will definately make it into the rotation.
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- 2 -3 slices thinly sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- apple butter
- butter or margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven broiler at 500 degrees and line cookie sheet (or small pan) with foil.
- Butter one piece of bread and lay it, buttered side down, on foil.
- top with layer of apple butter and half the cheddar cheese.
- Repeat with other slice of bread.
- Place in oven, under broiler, until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and close sandwich, then return to oven until top of sandwich is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and turn sandwich, then return to oven until second side is golden brown.