Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a yummy sandwich inspired by my love of cheddar apple pie. the grilling instructions are based on the method my sister and i always use for grilled sandwiches because we're too inept to do it in a skillet.
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- 2 -3 slices thinly sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- apple butter
- butter or margarine
- Set oven broiler at 500 degrees and line cookie sheet (or small pan) with foil.
- Butter one piece of bread and lay it, buttered side down, on foil.
- top with layer of apple butter and half the cheddar cheese.
- Repeat with other slice of bread.
- Place in oven, under broiler, until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and close sandwich, then return to oven until top of sandwich is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and turn sandwich, then return to oven until second side is golden brown.
Very good! I found myself starving at midnight and remembered this recipe. The flavors of the sharp cheese and the apple butter really compliment each other on the grainy bread. I seem to have collected quite recipes for variations of grilled cheese. This one will definately make it into the rotation.
Great variation on the ordinary grilled cheese. I made just as posted and enjoyed every bite. I will be making this often. Thanks for posting teachypeach.