Though I have yet to try this recipe...it HAS to be good due to the yummy components that make it what it is. I can't recall where I found this recipe...however whoever thought of it is a genius in my book. :) This is one of those recipes you save for a raining day, broke the heel off your favorite shoes, dog ran away kinda recipes. The originator of this recipe left a serving note, For those who simply cat eat a grilled cheese without soup, I think a bowl of slightly melty strawberry ice cream would complement it quite nicely. ;) Please let me know what you think of this recipe, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
- 2 slices of pound cake (any flavor you like)
- 1 piece of prepared cheesecake, slivered
- butter, softened
- 1. Butter one side of each slice of pound cake.
- 2. Assemble the sandwich as follows: one slice of pound cake (butter side down), as many slivers as you like of the cheesecake, we included bits from the crust for added crunch), and ther other slice of pound cake, buttered up.
- 3. Melt approximately 3 Tablespoons of butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat and add the sandwich to the pan.
- 4. After about a minute and a half, gently lift the sandwich with a spatula to see if it is lightly browned on the bottom. If it is browned to your liking, go ahead and flip; if not, let it brown just a little longer.
- 5. Once browned to your liking, carefully flip the sandwich. Press down on the top with the spatual to make everyting kind of meld. The second side will brown faster than the first one did, so keep a close eye on it.
- 5. Remove from heat, turn off the heat, slice in half (if you're into that), and enjoy!