- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Make 4 ( 4oz.) patties from the gorund beef.
- Cook hamburger patties to your favorite degree of doneness.
- Top each cooked patty with a spoonful of chopped green chilies or ever how much you like.
- Place 1 slice of cheddar cheese on top of chopped green chiles.
- Make a sandwich with one cheese topped hamburger patty and two slices of rye bread.
- Butter the outside of both slices of rye bread.
- Cook in a hot iron skillet toasting on both sides.