Recipe by love4culinary
This is a wonderful sandwich!! I was making myself a grilled cheese sandwich about a week ago, and decided to get a little creative with it. It came out spectacular. This is a nice change from your average grilled cheese :-) AND DONT BE AFRAID TO TRY IT! Even if you dont like spinach, try the sandwich.. its great!!!
- 1 slice American cheese (or whatever kind you prefer)
- 2 slice tomatoes
- 6 spinach leaves, torn in half (more or less, you decide, I like a lot!!)
- 2 slice white bread (or whatever kind you prefer, if you use large slices you may need to add more ingredients)
- 14.79 ml margarine or 14.79 ml butter
- 0.25 ml salt
- 0.25 ml garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- spray frying pan with cooking spray.
- Turn stove on to medium heat, and add tomatoes to outside edges of pan, and add spinach to center.
- Sprinkle salt and garlic over the vegetables.
- Toss spinach frequently, and turn tomatoes over after a minute or so.
- cook tomato just until it gets a little soft, but do not wait until it gets mushy.
- Cook spinach until slightly wilted.
- Take both out when they are done and set aside.
- Wipe pan out with towel, and heat on medium.
- Butter one piece of bread as you would for a regular grilled cheese sandwich.
- Put bread in pan, and place cheese on top and then place spinach and tomato on top of the cheese.
- Allow to heat.
- Butter the other piece of bread, and fry sandwich until nicely browned on both sides.
- Remove and Serve!