1/4 Photos of Grilled Cheese With Spinach & Tomato
This is a wonderful sandwich!! I was making myself a grilled cheese sandwich about a week ago, and decided to get a little creative with it. It came out spectacular. This is a nice change from your average grilled cheese :-) AND DONT BE AFRAID TO TRY IT! Even if you dont like spinach, try the sandwich.. its great!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 slice American cheese (or whatever kind you prefer)
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 6 spinach leaves, torn in half (more or less, you decide, I like a lot!!)
- 2 slices white bread (or whatever kind you prefer, if you use large slices you may need to add more ingredients)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1spray frying pan with cooking spray.
- 2Turn stove on to medium heat, and add tomatoes to outside edges of pan, and add spinach to center.
- 3Sprinkle salt and garlic over the vegetables.
- 4Toss spinach frequently, and turn tomatoes over after a minute or so.
- 5cook tomato just until it gets a little soft, but do not wait until it gets mushy.
- 6Cook spinach until slightly wilted.
- 7Take both out when they are done and set aside.
- 8Wipe pan out with towel, and heat on medium.
- 9Butter one piece of bread as you would for a regular grilled cheese sandwich.
- 10Put bread in pan, and place cheese on top and then place spinach and tomato on top of the cheese.
- 11Allow to heat.
- 12Butter the other piece of bread, and fry sandwich until nicely browned on both sides.
- 13Remove and Serve!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese With Spinach & Tomato
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 730.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g