Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Battered fish fillets served on toasted bread with melted cheese and homemade tartar sauce.
- 16 slices white bread
- 1 (18 1/3 ounce) boxgorton's frozen battered fish fillets, 8-count, cooked according to directions
- 16 slices American cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet gherkins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Prepare sauce by mixing all ingredients and set aside. Heat a large griddle to 350 degrees. Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. Place mayonnaise side down on griddle. Quickly top with a slice of cheese, fish fillet, sauce, a second slice of cheese, and another slice of bread that has been spread with mayonnaise. After approximately 3-4 minutes, turn sandwiches over and cook until golden brown on both sides.