Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I saw this on TV and thought it sounded strange so I decided to try it. This is the best grilled cheese I have ever had.
- 2 slices white bread (white works best)
- 1⁄4 cup grated extra old cheddar cheese (or use your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 slices granny smith apples or 3 slices other firm apples
- 2 -3 slices cooked bacon
- softend butter
- butter both slices of bread on one side only.
- on the other side of one of the pieces of bread spread the mustard.
- place one piece of bread butter side down in a heavy skillet on med heat or.
- place on pre-haeted panini press.
- top with cheese, apple, bacon and second slice of bread butter side up.
- Grill on bith side or press in the panini press until golden and cheese has melted.
Really delicious!! A quick-to-make lunch with lots of great flavors. I used wheat bread and just thinly sliced a sharp cheddar--worked fine. Made for the Apple a Day event in Cooking Photos.