1/1 Photo of Grilled Cheese With Bacon and Maple Mustard
When I saw Rachel Ray make this on her show, I HAD to try it. Mmm...brushing the melted butter really does help make this sandwich. The maple mustard just adds so much. Now I crave this whenever I want a big protein fix. SO good. I prefer 4 slices of bacon per sandwich when the bacon is thin, and since I use regular wheat bread I use a bit less cheese (and all cheddar). Rachel kept the heat a bit lower on her show and now so do I. You want the cheese melty and gooey but the bread nicely browned.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slices good quality smoky bacon (3 slices per sandwich)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 slices white bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup stone ground dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup dark amber maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups shredded extra extra-sharp cheddar cheese or 8 slices white cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded gruyere cheese or 8 slices gruyere cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Place bacon on a slotted broiler pan and bake to crisp.
- 2Brush 1 side of each slice of bread liberally with melted butter.
- 3Stir together Dijon mustard and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- 4Assemble sandwiches: bread, buttered side out, maple mustard, cheddar, bacon, Gruyère, bread with mustard on inside, buttered side out.
- 5Grill sandwiches on a nonstick griddle over medium heat until cheese melts and they’re deeply golden.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese With Bacon and Maple Mustard
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 739.0
- Calories from Fat 455
- Total Fat 50.6 g
- Saturated Fat 27.5 g
- Cholesterol 135.7 mg
- Sodium 977.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stone ground dijon mustard