lazy gourmet's Note:
I got this recipe off of Tyler Florence Ultimate. It was such a weird combo and I was in the mood for grilled cheese, so I tried it. WOW - I'll never have a plain old grilled cheese sandwich again! I'm adding some tweaks in his original recipe - this is how I made it. Bacon can be cooked in the oven or a skillet, I just prefer the oven so I used that.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and arrange bacon slices. They can be touching but make sure they do not overlap.
- 2Bake 15-25 minutes depending on your desired tastes - I like my bacon extra crispy so I went the full 25. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 3Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- 4Assemble sandwich; generously spread Dijon on 4 slices of bread. Top with slices of cheddar, 3 pieces of bacon, apple slices and additional cheddar. Place the remaining bread on top and spread with butter.
- 5Place on skillet buttered side down and butter the remaining side. Cook until cheese starts to melt and bread is browned, about 4 minutes. Flip the sandwich and continue to cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese With Bacon and Apples
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 872.5
- Calories from Fat 622
- Total Fat 69.1 g
- Saturated Fat 33.9 g
- Cholesterol 158.4 mg
- Sodium 1496.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 33.0 g