Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Recipe source: Cooking Light (July 2007)
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (or to lower the fat content use low-fat cheese)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced (8 slices)
- 1⁄4 cup basil, sliced
- Pam cooking spray or cooking spray
- On a work surface place 4 slices of bread and arrange 1/2 cup cheddar on each slice, top with 2 tomato slices and 1 T basil. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat pan with Pam.
- Add sandwiches to pan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned; turn sandwiches over and cover and cook for another 2-4 minutes or until cheese melts.
Delicious! I used sharp cheddar. We loved the addition of tomato and basil. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 42
This was very tasty! I used sharp cheddar, sliced cherry tomatoes (what I had), with fresh basil that I've got growing in my window. Thanks for sharing!
This is so yummy. A great grilled cheese. I used shard cheddar cheese, so good with the fresh tomatoes and basil. A swiss cheese would be great also. Thanks Ellie :) Made for Newest Zaar tag