Recipe by wicked cook 46
From the Parkay website. Posting for safe keeping Times are approximate. Feel free to switch up the bread and cheese suggested. Zaar would not let me list 8 - 1 ounce slices of swiss cheese
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was really super! I used three different cheeses, and used a little extra. I also added some fried sweet peppers and a 12-grain bread. I layered it with a slice of sharp cheddar and a slice of Monterrey Jack, the tomatoes, fried peppers, olives, and then a slice of cheddar and a slice of Muenster. It was really superb, and took a simple grilled cheese to another level. Thanks for posting this.
- 8 slice whole wheat bread
- 226.79 g swiss cheese (slices)
- 2 small tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced into 4 rings
- 59.16 ml sliced ripe olives, drained
- 59.14 ml margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Top each of 4 slices of bread with 2 slices cheese, 2 tomato slices, 1 bell pepper ring, and 1 tablespoon olives.
- Top each with remaining bread slices.
- Spread outsides of each sandwich with margarine.
- Place sandwiches two at a time in large skillet or griddle over medium heat; cook on both sides until cheese is melted and sandwiches are golden brown on both sides.