Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I think this recipe came from an old children's cook book I had as a child. Use to make this for my children, and they love it. Sounds weird but I saw another recipe with just PB and pickles, but this one is better because of the grilling of cheese and dill pickles.
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 8 -11 slices of hamburger dill pickle slices
- 1 -2 slice of pre-sliced American cheese
- 2 -4 teaspoons real butter, for grilling
- Spread the peanut butter on one slice of your white bread.
- Then take the pickle slices and lay them on the peanut butter, pressing down slightly.
- Now lay your sliced cheese on the pickles and top with the other slice of white bread.
- Heat up your skillet with a teaspoon or two of butter and procede to grill sandwich, preferably with cheese side down first till brown.
- Pick up sandwich with spatula and put down the other two tsp of butter and flip the sandwich over to brown other side.
- Continue till the cheese is melty, which should'nt be long.