Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I started liking grilled cheese & tomato sandwiches years ago at a little restaurant near my office. I would go about three times a week to order a grilled provolone cheese & tomato sandwich. Today I wanted something different, something a little spicier, so I made up the following recipe. I thought it was delicious! Hope you try it and enjoy it!
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices swiss cheese (or your favorite kind)
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise (or mayo to your taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch italian seasoning
- 1 pinch garlic powder or 1 pinch minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Spread both slices of bread with a light layer of mayo.
- Put slice of cheese on one piece of bread.
- Add tomato slices.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper& Italian Seasoning.
- Cover tomoto slices with other slice of cheese, then cover with other piece of bread.
- In the meantime, heat griddle or pan with butter and garlic power or minced garlic.
- Also spread butter on top of each side of bread.
- Grill until sandwich is brown on both sides and cheese is melted.
I made my own homemade bread using Recipe #60382. and had along with Recipe #125063. The sandwich was so delicious! I sliced my fresh out of the garden tomatoes really thin and used American cheese. I didn't add the mayo. This is a definate repeat recipe that I will enjoy again! Went great with my soup. Thanks for sharing!
I loved this sandwich! The garlic and italian seasoning add wonderful flavour to the cheese and tomato. I did makes a couple of changes to suit my taste. I reduced the mayo and butter and I used havarti and provolone cheeses, as that's what I had on hand. Loved this quick lunch!
This was the best sandwich EVER! I think the mayo, tomato, and seasoning was the best part of it all :)