OH BOY, OH BOY! Tried these for lunch today, they are so good! We thought we would share one of these for lunch, but had to make a second one, it was just too good! (I will try fresh tomatoes next time, although the canned were great.) from the local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices thickly cut sourdough bread or 1 submarine roll, with some of the inside removed
- 1/2 cup shredded or sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup whole peeled canned tomatoes, drained and halved lengthwise or 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 medium tart apple, such as granny smith, unpeeled and sliced thinly
- vegetable oil or olive oil, for spraying pan
- 1Sprinkle half of cheese evenly over one of bread slices.
- 2Arrange tomato halves over cheese, covering bread slices evenly.
- 3Top with apple slices.
- 4Sprinkle with remainder of cheese.
- 5Top with remaining bread slice.
- 6Heat a non stick sauté pan and spray lightly with veggie oil.
- 7Place sandwich in pan and weigh top down by pressing a plate over sandwich,topped with a can.
- 8Sauté over low heat 3 to 4 minutes.
- 9Turn sandwich over and repeat process until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 10Slice in two and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese Tomato Panini With Crispy Apples
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.7
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 1284.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 26.4 g