Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe sounds kind of odd, but it really does taste good. I saw it on a lunch time news show a few years ago.
- 2 pieces sandwich bread
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (you can substitute your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1⁄4 apple, thinly sliced
- butter or margarine
- Layer peanut butter, apples, and cheese on one slice of bread.
- Top with second slice of bread.
- Butter outside of sandwich and place in frying pan or on griddle.
- Turn the sandwich when bottom side is golden brown.
- Brown other side of sandwich.
I think this is fantastic and will make it often! I used a tart, crisp apple and crunchy peanut butter. Only thing I added was a touch of marmite because I love it and add it to just about everything, but especially like it with peanut butter. I tried this entirely as an experiment and it's an instant favorite.
I have done the cheese and apple bit and I bet the peanut would be a delightful addition. This truly is very good.