A recipe from Rachael Ray that looks so amazing and different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 grapefruits, cut into segments, juice reserved
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- salt and pepper
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 8 slices round sourdough loaf (1/2-inch)
- 8 slices swiss cheese (deli)
- 2 cups arugula, packed
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the grapefruit and all but 2 tablespoons of the juice, the scallions, jalapeno and 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- 2Preheat an outdoor grill or a grill pan to medium-high. In a medium bowl, toss the fennel with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the remaining 2 tablespoons of grapefruit juice; season with salt and pepper.
- 3Arrange the bread slices on a work surface; top each with a slice of cheese, one-quarter of the fennel, one-quarter of the arugula and a second slice of cheese. Cover with the remaining bread slices.
- 4Brush one side of the sandwiches with olive oil. Place oil side down on the grill; brush the tops with olive oil. Grill, turning once, until the cheese is melted and grill marks appear, about 7 minutes. Serve with the spicy grapefruit salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese Sandwiches With Spicy Grapefruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.1
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.5 mg
- Sodium 142.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
round sourdough loaf