1/3 Photos of Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
The technique I use to prepare these sandwiches insures that they will be crispy and golden brown on the outside and creamy on the inside.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cheeses in a bowl.
- 2Brush top side of each bread slice with melted butter. Flip 4 slices over, sprinkle with cheese and compact lightly with hand. Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
- 3Heat large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
- 4Place 2 sandwiches in pan on the griddle. Weight them down with a round cake pan, pressing lightly. Leave cake pan on top and cook until first side is golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Flip sandwiches, press again with cake pan and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- 5Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- 6Variations: Add one very thin slice of red onion, rings separated, while filling sandwiches. Or, add slices of very thinly sliced salami.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.8
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 91.7 mg
- Sodium 786.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 19.1 g