Recipe by loveleesmile
This grilled cheese is SO good it is ridiculous. Try it with a simple salad...you may feel less guilty that way! From Chef Ken Oringer
- 8 slices raisin bread
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese (bread-sized slices)
- 8 slices apple-smoked bacon, fried crisp
- 1 large granny smith apple, cored, quartered and each cut in six slices (24 slices in all)
- 4 slices smoked gouda cheese (bread-sized slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread each slice of the bread on one side with soft butter. Turn over and generously spread with 1 tablespoon honey mustard.
- Place a slice of Jack (mustard side up) on each bread slice.
- Top half the slices (mustard /Jack side up) with 2 slices of bacon. Shingle 6 apple slices over the bacon.
- Top remaining 4 slices (mustard/Jack side up) with a slice of Smoked Gouda.
- Assemble the sandwiches, pressing together and leaving buttered side of bread exposed.
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed sauté pan over medium heat.
- Grill the sandwiches in batches, cooking until golden brown on one side, then flipping the sandwich over and browning. Repeat process with all sandwiches.
- Place serving plates. Cut sandwich in half or quarters on bias. Serve immediately.